CST’s Corporate Practice Group regularly advises locally-owned and multi-national companies in a wide variety of compliance and transactional matters. We help our clients understand the intricacies of successfully operating a business in Puerto Rico in the forefront of its ever-changing regulatory system. Our firm has successfully counseled clients on complicated corporate regulatory matters that have a significant financial impact on their business and operations.
We help our clients create a regulatory roadmap to their business. Among others, our corporate attorneys provide counseling on the appropriate entity structure and in negotiating the right deal in a variety of transactions including joint ventures, project development and strategic alliances to manufacture, supply, distribute, or provide services, or advise industries eligible for local tax exemptions under Acts 20, 22 and 73, to name a few.
We strive to work closely with clients in performing the appropriate due diligence, structuring, negotiation and conclusion of their business transactions and goals. The Firm’s corporate clients range across multiple industries, including the healthcare, retail, wholesale, insurance, pharmaceutical, banking, telecommunications, logistics, commercial real-estate development, computer and technology, tourism, manufacturing, transportation and non-profit institutions.
The Firm’s Corporate Practice provides representation in the following areas: General Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Governance, Choice of Entity, Doing Business in Puerto Rico, Government Contracts and Procurement, Distribution and Franchising Law, Securities, Government Affairs, Commercial Contracts, Trademark, Permits and Licenses, and Resident Agent Services.
Specializations within Corporate Law
- Corporate Governance
- Doing Business in Puerto Rico
- Municipal Law
- Real Estate
- Complex Financial & Corporate Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Special Partnerships
- Administrative Agency Proceedings
- Investment Companies & Start Ups
- Banking & Financial Services
- Private Equity & Finance
Latest News & Articles
CST Law is committed to provide Puerto Rico’s business community with updated insights, news and analysis of legal, regulatory and Government actions.
- Recent amendments to Puerto Rico’s Anti-retaliation statue and Puerto Rico’s Minimum Wage, Vacation and Sick Leave ActLABOR & EMPLOYMENT CLIENT ALERT November 2014 A. Significant amendments to Puerto Rico’s anti-retaliation statute (“Act...
- U.S. Supreme Court rules against retailer Abercrombie & Fitch in widely publicized headscarf case and allows EEOC’s employment discrimination suit to go forwardLABOR & EMPLOYMENT CLIENT ALERT June 3, 2015 On Monday, June 1st, 2015, the U.S. Supreme...
- CLIENTS & FRIENDS TAX ALERT June 16, 2015 I. Income Tax ProvisionsArticles 2 & 14 –...
- Puerto Rico's Labor & Employment Legislation Landscape Faces Major Overhaul with Approval and Enactment of Workplace Flexibility Transformation ACT ("WFTA")CLIENTS & FRIENDS TAX ALERTRETAIL & SERVICES MERCHANTS January 26, 2017 Earlier today, Governor Ricardo Rosselló Nevares...
- The Social Security Administration (SSA) announced that the maximum amount of wages in 2017...
- Highlights Of The Government Of Puerto Rico Proposed Fiscal Plan Presented To The Financial Oversight And Management Board Or Puerto RicoOn February 28, 2017, the Government of Puerto Rico presented to the Financial Oversight...