- Local, Federal, State and International Tax
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Partnership Taxation
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Notary Public
- Bachelor of Business Administration (2012) from the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
- Juris Doctor (2015), summa cum laude, from the Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico, School of Law
- LL.M. in Taxation (2017) from the New York University School of Law
Mr. Christopher T. Rivera Blas, Esq. joined Casillas, Santiago & Torres, LLC in July 2022, where he serves as an Attorney in the Corporate and Tax Divisions. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Rivera served as Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Internal Revenue and Tax Policy Areas of the Puerto Rico Department of Treasury.
Mr. Rivera commenced his career as an Associate in the Corporate Tax practice of a large Puerto Rico law firm in San Juan.
His career experiences have enabled Mr. Rivera to provide legal and tax consulting services focusing on matters ranging from general corporate matters, local and federal corporate income tax, local sales and use tax and international tax matters pertaining to Puerto Rico, U.S. and international companies and individuals, as well as local tax incentive programs including those available for export services, manufacturing, green and renewable energy, individual investors, and qualified opportunity zones. Mr. Rivera also provides legal corporate and tax consulting services relating to corporate business structuring, mergers and acquisitions, divisions, and other corporate reorganizations.