- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Contract and Insurance Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Creditor´s Rights
- Banking and Foreclosure Litigation
- Administrative and Appellate Practice
- Immigration Law
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (2002)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico (2003)
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit (2002)
- State of Texas (2014)
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIL AFFILIATIONS
- Member of Texas Federal Bar Association
- Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association
- J.D. University of Puerto Rico-School of Law, Magna Cum Laude (2001)
- B.A. Political Science, University of Puerto Rico, Magna Cum Laude (1998)
Ms. Edna M. Tejeda-Oyola, Esq. is an attorney at Casillas, Santiago & Torres, LLC, with nearly nineteen years of experience in civil and commercial litigation and counseling, including general contracts, creditor´s rights, banking law, insurance, among other practice areas.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms.Tejeda Oyola worked in a local medium size firm were she represented a diverse group of clients in an array of civil and commercial litigation matters in the local and federal forums. Ms. Tejeda-Oyola advised financial institutions, purchasers of distressed debts or assets, secured and unsecured creditors on a range of insolvency and creditor rights issues, including but not limited to foreclosure and collection actions, bankruptcy proceedings, among others. She also represented various financial institutions in connection with the restructuring of different types of credit facilities and the negotiation and documentation of workout transactions.
Up To 2012, Ms. Tejeda-Oyola was a Junior-Member at the Litigation Division of Fiddler, González, and Rodriguez, P.S.C. where she represented corporate entities in a wide range of practice areas, including aviation law, commercial and distribution contracts, construction law, consumer actions and banking law.